Sunday, April 08, 2007

New Home on West 11th

Well it's been a while since I've had a major project on the go.... so I thought this time it would be nice to include Shay in new home renovations. Well in actuality, it was my dad and I that had the most work on our hands (laying new floor and base boards). However, Shay and I tackled all the pre and post cleaning, painting and all the fun in setting up our new place.

Here are a few pics....
What you're seeing above is the main living space....the kitchen, dining and living area....
This is the Master Bedroom.....both rooms are painting the same and sit on either side of the living area.
The stack of flooring ... a new project for dad and I...one we've never done, but never say never to a carpenter!!! It was a good father -son bonding experience....one we're proud of.
The magician himself ... sir John Reimer....he sure knew what he was doing.
A tender moment for the new daughter in law....Shay was great at supplying food and coffee when we needed it!
Shay was also great at helping out when she could - the base boards have her finger prints all over them!
Ah....the finished floor! A before and after shot!
...and the den/office .....before and after shot ...you'll see another photo later on when everything is set up.
Thrifty to the rescue......believe it or not...this truck was completely full and it came in handy even though we only drove 5 km.
Move in day coffee break with mom and dad...
..and the 2 goof balls from White Rock (thanks Dale and Matt)
...Shay attempting to roll up the rim....
Things in order....getting settled in.
...more organizing in the kitche...
The dining area....
The Master Bedroom all set up....

Office all done and set up...


..and finally the main living area....