Thursday, August 10, 2006

"Out Behind the Barn"

During family reunions we would often sing an odd song called "Out Behind the Barn"......I'm sure a lot of people got their education out behind the barn......but I'll stop there. However, the work at my place never seems to stop. The last project was working on the old barn - it needed a face lift.

Here are some old pics of the barn...


The last few weekends have bee good, however. Shay is getting more accustomed to "real" work - her favorite job apparently is pulling nails out of old lumber.....yet she's not a bad painter either. However, she's competing with my niece, who appears to love painting the most.



The best fun of all are the "breaks" from the work. Apparently, the group feel I'm a slave driver so taking some down time is needed. You'll note though, that this down time is often spent playing the the kids (Drew and Jolene) and riding their scooter which Shay and Keith seemed to find more enjoyable than working for me?!?!?! However, the barn did end up getting done, and finally looking like a barn.....